Monday, June 16, 2014

Sorry, I thought you were cheese...


Working on some more button designs for Otakon, of course I have to have my favorite witch of sweets represented! To be honest this is my favorite form of Charlotte. The design reminds me of Sid and Marty Krofft.

I think a lot of you are way too young to know anything about H R Pufinstuf, I mean it came out way before I was born, but I grew up watching it along with Lidsville and Sigmund the Sea Monster. Sid and Marty Krofft created colorful and trippy show that are kind of in the same vein as Yellow Submarine, but with muppet/puppet/mascot suits instead of cartoons. It has messages that work for kids, but there is some not entirely subtle content that is obviously for adults. (Plus Mama Cass was in the movie.)

Grab some popcorn and check out a few of my favorite scenes from the H R Pufinstuf Movie.




Can you see why Charlotte kind of reminds me of this stuff? (Or should I say "stuf"?)

etsyfacebookdeviantartsometimes foodieInstagram

No comments:

Post a Comment