Sunday, April 19, 2015

A Busy Day with my Puffy Puppy


I am so worn out. I should have gotten more work done this weekend for Otakon, but I ended up spending a lot of time with my dog, which was really nice. So I'd say it was worth the slacking off.

Yesterday I took him to the dog park because it was absolutely gorgeous outside. I slathered myself in sunblock to protect my pale recluse-like skin from the sun, but I managed to get burned anyway. Oh well, at least I'll have some color once it all heals.

So we spent two hours running around at the dog park and going for a walk, and then today we were invited to the Fox & Feline blog launch party.


The blog owner went to college with me, and she has two little puffs of her own and three cats. So she reached out to me (since I also have three cats and just one little handful of fluff) and asked us to attend.



Jack had a ton of fun sniffing the butts of new friends, trying fancy dog treats, and getting to pee on all kind of new trees and buildings. (Butt sniffing and peeing, it's what dogs do best.) Jack-Jack actually ended up winning a few prizes at the event too. We came in 2nd place during the Pet Party Trick competition, and we won a fancy new pet bed in the raffle. With all the people and all the doggies around he started getting a bit overwhelmed, so we left, went on a short walk to calm down, and then drove home. He had a very busy weekend, so when he got home he snuggled up in my bed (his favorite bed will always be my bed) and took a nice long nap.

A photo posted by M. Smith (@poison_and_antidote) on

etsystorenvy ♥ facebookDAsometimes foodieSociety6 redbubble

No comments:

Post a Comment