Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I'm back, and mostly alive!


Otakon was so awesome! I got to talk to so many new and interesting people about all kinds of things, I saw amazing costumes, reconnected with two of my amazingly artistic childhood friends, and sell a lot of art.

This was one of the best Artist Alleys I've seen in years. Every artist was so amazingly talented, and the products were so diverse. Sure, everyone and their mom (including me) had something Steven Universe, but that's because Rebecca Sugar is an evil genius who makes me cry with her adorable cartoons.

I sold out of:
  • My TWEWY group shot (in both the 11x17 and mini sizes) 
  • My Sailor Moon Notebooks
  • Cat Nip Pillows
  • Oops Buttons (Thank Goodness)
  • Everything using my Sailor Moon themed fabric from Spoonflower
  • Tons of my Polymer Clay Foodie Jewelry 
  • Nightmare Before Christmas Buttons & Button Packs
  • Inner and Outer Senshi Button Packs
I have so much stuff to restock before Baltimore Comic-Con in September!

I know it's kind of taboo to talk about money and earnings and stuff, but I like being open and honest, so full disclosure, I made more money last year, but I still made more than enough money to make the trip well worth it. I'll be making a bunch more Otakon and Alley-related posts, and on August 1st, I'm getting back into my daily art posts and 30-day workouts. Now that Otakon's over, I need to relax a tiny bit and recuperate. Right now I'm a raspy voiced zombie and it's nearly 3AM. I gotta get my butt into bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment