Sunday, July 5, 2015

New Stuff on Redbubble! - Unconventional Conventionists

I made notebooks with my movie night poster. (But I removed all out movie going info)

I got so much done this weekend! I can finally walk and move around without feeling pain, since the NY Fancy Food convention really kicked my butt, and I put my mobility to good use by getting a ton of stuff done for Otakon. (Which is approaching so quickly!!!)

Since I'm getting a lot of my art files in order for printing anyway, I decided to start adding them to my Redbubble shop as well.

That's actually my real mouth! Rocky Horror-style!
Back when I was president of Art Students League I hosted a midnight showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, and to lead movie-goers to the showing I took a photo of my lips wearing red lipstick, removed my face in Photoshop, and left a trail of lips leading to the screening room. It was so much fun! I was really proud of my crooked teeth and how much like Patricia Quinn's, that I decided to make a pattern with it for printing and Redbubble. I might even make a fabric with it for Spoonflower, but we'll see.


This was my original poster with all our showing info. I actually made all these posters for the club before pursuing graphic design in college. (I'm actually a painting major with a graphic design minor.) At this point I was self taught and using Photoshop to whip all of these posters and designs up.

I'm a huge fan of Rocky Horror (and the ever wonderful Tim Curry) and it was really fun to design this stuff in homage to it way back when. I'm glad I can still look back at it today, all these years later, and feel proud of my layouts and designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment