Saturday, May 16, 2015

Day 136: Dammit Crystal!


So I'm one of those people who is NOT a fan of the Sailor Moon reboot. I was all for it in the beginning, and I was super excited that it would be sticking so closely to the manga, but now that it's here....I'm really disappointed.

I feel like the new series is relying on the old anime from the 90's to flesh out their characters and make us actually care about them, because this new version is flat and emotionless. I mean, Usagi still cries all the time, but the rest of the characters are so...empty. Any emotions I have for them comes from the older series and manga, as a stand alone series, this just feels heartless and super fast paced. No one gets really fleshed out, we don't get a true feel for their personalities, and the sotry is moving so quickly that we never get the chance to really appreciate the scouts as a team, as soon as they were all together everyone's off getting kidnapped.

BAH, anyway I doodled this while watching the newest episode. I am so not happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment