Friday, February 21, 2014

Spring Fresh Fruit Tart

Now available in my etsy shop!

In all my years of working with polymer clay, which has been almost a decade now, I have never made a fruit tart before. It seems like one of the polymer clay foodie staples these days. Fruit tarts, macarons, and cupcakes are everywhere...but I never sat down to make one before.

With all this gross, winter, weather, I wanted a taste of spring, so I whipped up a few fruit canes and made this little tart.

I attempted to create a vanilla bean creme inside with a bit of charcoal, which worked well with some pieces, but not all.
I tried a few different things top get that thick, sugary, glazed look, and that was much more successful than the charcoal vanilla beans.
Overall, I'm pretty happy with it!

Here are a few photos from my process.

Chipped nail-polished thumb for scale.
The kiwi cane looked a lot more translucent before baking. Translucent fimo is definitely better than sculpey III.

Fresh from the oven, baked and ready to be finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment