Monday, September 12, 2016

CamdenJam 2016 - Button Making Event


I partnered up with Connect The Lots in Camden again this weekend, this time instead of painting, I brought my trusty pinback button press to the city to teach kids how to make their own buttons at Camden Jam! It was a HUGE hit. 
First the children colored their designs, then we punched them out,
and they used the press (supervised) to create their finished button!
Since the event was at city hall, which is a Poke-stop, my contact requested that I make some Pokemon-themed designs. I took my Pokemon Go team buttons and turned them into simple black and white outlines, this way kids could color them in, as well as a generic Pokeball and a Pikachu design. (You can't leave out Pikachu!) Surprisingly, the biggest hit of the day was the paper I left blank! 


I made a TON of blank designs and encouraged kids to create their own work, and they did! (Plenty of parents and other adults did too.) They made everything from basketballs, to pins with their names on them, to "CamJam'16"! It was awesome that people taking the more creative route and I loved seeing what they came up with. At the end of the day I was super sweaty and tired, just like everyone else, but is was a lot of fun. I think we made nearly 500 buttons that day!
Despite the intense weather we had a great turn out, and I loved getting to work with all the children. Thank you again to Connect The Lots for letting me be involved in such an awesome event and I hope to come back again next year!
♥ etsy ♥ storenvy ♥ facebook ♥ sometimes foodie ♥ Society6 ♥ redbubble ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment