Friday, March 21, 2014

Life Update

Sadly, this blog has been on the back burner, but I will be updating it more in the future.

Within the last month I haven't added any new items to my etsy shop, so I failed my etsy challenge, but it wasn't out of laziness. I've actually been really busy.

Sometimes Foodie still updates every day, I've made a new YouTube video, I am doing some commissioned web coding for a local restoration business, I have three upcoming art and craft events where I am selling my work, and I got a new job.

That's right, a new job! I'm doing design, printing and light bindery at a local print shop. This is something I have done in the past for similar company, but this company is very different. In a good way. The shop is smaller and has less machinery, but the owners are really nice people.



I've only been working there for 2 weeks, and I feel right at home. Doing design at a print shop is more of a practical job than a creative one, after all we do a lot of forms and business cards, but I do get to do fun design jobs every now and again. This is a paint-themed thank you card for people who attended a birthday party at Color Me Mine. (Where the children painted and made crafts.)

Other than my 10-5 print shop job, I've been doing some HTML and CSS coding for a local business' website. It's been off and on, since coding is only occasionally needed. Speaking of coding, I re-coded my website and tweaked a few things here and there. CHECK IT OUT. I still need to update the art and galleries, but I sadly don't have the time to do that right now.


On top of everything else, I got a table for Otakon's 2014 Artist Alley! I'm really excited to sell at that venue again, plus I have two other upcoming events where I'll be selling my art locally. The artist alley at Camden's first ever Comic Con and a local art and craft fair. I have been trying to add new items to my stock for these events, but I have been so tired with everything else I have been doing lately that I just can't get myself to sit down and sew or sculpt.

Hopefully I'll be able to balance everything in my life out soon so I can get everything I need completed before these events. (But they are coming up fast.)

That's enough of an update for now. I gotta save some stuff so I can try and update this blog more often.

Until Next time!
~Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment