Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Polymer Clay Shiny Pumkaboo


Polymer Clay Shiny Pumkaboo

It's been a while since I have made anything using polymer clay, and it feels so good to be working in this medium again. I know this isn't a fantastic masterpiece, it's a little gift for my boyfriend, but I really enjoyed making it. 

With Valentine's Day quickly approaching, I've been trying to think of cute little gifts to make my boyfriend...who hopefully doesn't follow this blog. (I don't think he does...)He likes to play Pokemon, and recently he caught a shiny Pumpkaboo. Since I affectionately call him "Pumpkin" I thought a little shiny Pumpkaboo figure would make a sweet gift. (A pumpkin for my Pumpkin.) 

Check out an animated GIF and progress shots under the cut!


I used bits and pieces of scrap clay to make the figure, and there is a wire inside to reinforce the little curly-hair piece on top, baked it, and then painted it with acrylic paints. I really liked how the figure looked with a matte finish, so I sealed it with matte acrylic medium.


All Finished!

I'm pretty happy with it, there are a few little mistakes here and there, but overall I think it's really cute. I hope my boyfriend will like it.

etsyfacebookdeviantartsometimes foodie

No comments:

Post a Comment