Monday, October 13, 2014

Sorry for the lack of posts lately

Cutest (and fluffiest) scholar ever!
I know every blogger says this, but things have been really crazy for me lately.

Costumes, podcasts, and pumpkins under the cut!
Firstly, I've been working on a pretty elaborate costume for my boyfriend's trip to FFXIV Fan Fest in Las Vegas this weekend, and even though I started well over a month ago, I still have a lot to do to finish it. If any of you know much about the game, he's going as scholar class, so one of the big projects has been making the hat/mortar board.  I'll post about the full costume and the process of making it once I have the time, but here's a shot of my little Jack Jack wearing the semi-finished hat (still needs the tassel and charms).

Next is something for Sometimes Foodie that's been going on for about a month, but I've been keeping quiet about it. I didn't want to say anything about this before it was official, but I'll be participating in a Halloween candy themed podcast with Cybele from Candyblog (a site I adore and I have been reading religiously since I was in high school), and Lauren from Candy Bar Reviews! (I think Marvo from the Impulsive Buy might talk on the show with us, but I'm not 100% sure.)  This is really exciting for me, since I've never done a podcast before, and now I get to do one with a blogger I have been following religiously since I was a teenager! It's really exciting and I hope I don't geek out and say something stupid to embarrass myself, but I'm really excited to give this a try! If all goes well, we might record a few more! (Which would be great.)

Other than that, I've been doing a few more design tweaks on The Zombie Mafia's second printing of their new album, The Bloodening, and my little pumpkin plant now has three leaves! I'll make another post about my plant that this weekend, because I bought a HUGE pot and two bags of soil so that I can hopefully replant it and have it survive this winter indoors while my boyfriend is away in Vegas.

Whenever I miss a post for this blog or Sometimes Foodie I really get upset with myself, but with all the sewing I've been doing, I'm really sore and I just can't get it all done in one day like I used to. I need to figure out a new way to balance my life because whatever I am doing right now is barely making ends meet and I am going to fall apart. I need more sleep and a clone of me to help pick up the slack. Sorry to end this on a somewhat depressing note, but I need to go update Sometimes Foodie before I got to be tonight and it's already 12AM. (And I need to edit photos and write a review before I shower, sleep, and leave for work in less than 8 hours.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment